2017 MAP Conference
On March 24-25, 2017 MAP experts from around the world gathered in Philadelphia to present the latest research in MAP science. Each researcher presented advances from their group to the assembly in an interactive format. A working session followed the presentations, where researchers and doctors discussed a plan to advance MAP science.
Goals of the Conference
- Review available MAP diagnostic methods.
- Review antibiotic therapies used to date in human trials and human case reports.
- Review evidence of role of MAP in human diseases.
- Address concern that MAP is a zoonosis.
Topics and Presenters
- MAP: A Zoonotic Pathogen – Dr. Michael Collins
- MAP Diagnostic Testing – Dr. Vivek Kapur, Dr. Marcel Behr, Dr. Adrienne McNees
- MAP Detection in Humans – Dr. Shoor Vir Singh, John Aitken, Dr. Horacio Bach, Dr. Tim Bull
- Identifying MAP Associated Crohn’s Disease and Treatment – Dr. William Chamberlin, Dr. Todd Kuenstner, Dr. Nicole Parrish, Dr. Harry Oken
- MAP in the Biosphere – Dr. David Graham, Dr. Irene Grant
- Treating MAP Infection in Humans – Dr. Thomas Borody, Dr. Ira Shafran, RedHill Biopharma, Dr. Robert Greenstein
- MAP Infection in Mammals and the Host Response – Dr. William Chamberlin, Dr. Bill Davis, Dr. Leonardo Sechi, Dr. Gilles Monif, Dr. Peilin Zhang.
Although this event was restricted to researchers, the Human Paratuberculosis Foundation was invited to share the presentations and video interviews for our audience, which are freely accessible on our site. Patients can have a bird’s eye view of the entire event from the comfort of their own home.
Sponsorship Update and Video Replay
In support of the researchers who are coming from around the world and bearing the costs of their own expenses, Human Paratuberculosis was able to sponsor the 2017 MAP Conference due to the generous support of our community members.Thanks!
Additionally, all donations are tax deductible in the United States! Human Paratuberculosis Foundation is a IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. A receipt that can be used for tax purposes will be sent to all donors. Click on the Donate button to support the continuing mission of Human Paratuberculosis Foundation.
HPF and the 2017 MAP Conference thank you for your Support!